Saturday, 15 October 2011

Preparation - The Gear

The gear that I will be taking with me on each run is shown below. It looks quite excessive all laid out. For alpine runs like The Goat, there are minimum gear requirements which pretty much includes all of the below, minus all the fancy electronics and navigation equipment. What I am not taking with me on these runs that is required on the alpine runs are thermal bottoms and a small first aid kit. 

Find below a list of what I will be carrying with me. Train as one intends to fight! Although I do enjoy minimalist running with nothing but a car key, the length of the these runs and the remoteness of some of the locations does require a degree of being sensible and being prepared for any scenario.

And so it begins!

See below for a detailed list of what is in the photo:

Be Prepared - My Gear
1. Camelbak Mule
2. Macpac 3 L bladder
3. Canon Ixus 2.0 old school digital camera
4. Garmin eTrex 30 GPS receiver
5. Nokia 5230 mobile phone
6. Compass
7. Pencil
8. Pen
9. Waterproof notebook
10. Emergency blanket
11. Whistle
12. x2 Leppin energy gels
13. Waitakere Ranges Park Map in waterproof map holder
14. Woollen gloves
15. Lightweight North Face rain jacket
16. Merino thermal top
17. Woollen hat
18. x3 small waterproofing devices (aka. plastic bags)
19. x1 pack liner (aka. larger plastic bag)

On my person I will be wearing:
1. All of the above
2. Car key
3. Sun glasses / hat if conditions demand so
4. A covering of sunscreen
5. ex Auckland Marathon Adidas Dryfit running top
6. Well used Active Intent (Warehouse Brand) running shorts
7. Footwear - Asics Trabuco Trail shoes
8. Baby G watch
9. Great deal of enthusiasm =)

No comments:

Post a Comment